Long overdue new post - work has kept me very occupied the last week - my new office is in a very popular/expensive/nice shopping district called Ginza:
 |
| My Office Building (includes a shopping centre at the bottom like almost every building in Tokyo) |
The place is most impressive in the dark when the lights are on:
One thing I noticed in particular is that shops aren't just a shop, they're a whole building - the Uniqlo (like a Japanese H&M) shop has 12 different floors - most of the menswear takes 9 floors of escalators to get to! Trek, but it's pretty slick:
 |
| (Image from tokyofashion.com - their photo looked better) |
 |
(From same site)
|
Nearby is Ueno Park, one of Tokyo's most popular, where it seems I just missed out on an ice sculpture competition (!):
 |
| Ice sculpture corpses were being hacked to bits when I arrived |
My area is very well located for me, as I only have to get one train line to work, and both train stations are right beside where I need to go.
The green/white train below is the Yamanote Line, which does a continuous loop around the more central area of Tokyo, and carries 3.7m people on average every day - 1m more than the entire London Underground with its 12 lines. It gets cosy during rush hour...
 |
| JR Yamanote Line |
 |
| A view of my area (Shinokubo - Korean Town) from the train platform |
No comments:
Post a Comment