Tuesday, 7 August 2012

I'm going to try putting up pics some of the hilarious ads I see every day - there's so many and I sometimes look strange standing places taking pictures of ads but they are a great laugh...
First, ROLA does look pretty coolish (!):



I've been braving the sweaty heat to visit some more sights the last couple of weeks. The chaps below are dressed in something really traditional (I'm guessing) -  couldn't see their faces and they had long feathers sticking out of their backs. I later found out it was the 100th anniversary of Emperor Meiji's death (and I happened to be at his shrine at the time):


Those tall wooden 'gates' are at the entrance to every shrine in Japan

Meiji Shrine

Meiji Shrine
The Asakusa Shrine (Senso-ji) is one of the most famous, tons of tourists around:




I also checked out the Skytree while I was in the area. It's the world's tallest tower according to Wikipedia, and it dominates Sumida ward. I didn't go up this time though, queues were too long and didn't have time - apparently there's a glass floor up the top to walk on...




Nearby is also the Asahi beer HQ (called 'beer hall') that's supposed to look like a pint of beer, with a building beside it with a sculpture of 'beer foam' on top that the locals call the poo building for obvious reasons:

A decent effort at a pint-building!
Headed out to club in Shibuya called 'Womb' the other night, verry pricey but great craic some Japanese techno artist playing:

Also popped out to some festival near my house - Japanese costumed people shouting and dancing. I never understand what this stuff is all about, but enjoy it nevertheless:


I'm climbing Mount Fuji tonight, so will hopefully have some impressive pics for the next post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment